Friday, October 11, 2013

I have a new theory...
I've gotten back into painting for a little over a year now, not really "got back into it" so much as started to do art as a way to connect and communicate with God, which is a whole different animal. Thing is, the best part about this kind of art isn't the image, it's the part where God gets to communicate with you.

I think a lot of people miss this part, I think they look for the obvious message in the picture instead of diving in and really asking God "What are you saying?". They miss the part where they stop, or I stop talking and just let God speak..... It really is the greatest thing. 

It has a knack for turning the obvious things that a picture is showing into something that you get in your spirit (not your head), that Rhema moment, that time when you really "Get" what God is feeling/speaking/showing you. 
(maybe I have the word "Rhema" wrong but whatever, that's how I see it).
So I started a blog, for me, for you, to show how God can use a picture... in the best way I can. To show myself that He can do powerful things in my small little gifts.

My first painting is about God's love... simple, easy, almost something you can skip over.
"I know I know, God Loves me."
Yeah, that's true! 
Did you know He wants to say it every second of every day? Did you know He wants to show you in the smallest and biggest of ways?

Just give Him a few minutes, the same amount of time it takes to sit down and stare into a cup of coffee. He will fill you with more comfort than that warm cup in your hands, He'll make your heart flutter more than finding a rose from a secret admirer would. He'll tell you specifics, how He loves how he made you, how He loves your sense of humor, your smile, your desire to bring others joy.

How you really don't need to keep bringing up that mistake you made 5 minutes ago.
That was paid for, in His greatest display of Love, when Jesus took care of it on the Cross.
So stop mentioning it, I think God wanted to go back to telling you about your great smile anyways...
I think He wanted to keep showing you how much He loves you,
so maybe you can start loving yourself.

"Oh I love myself"
Really?
Do you love yourself as much as He does? Because maybe, just maybe, He has more things to show you about how cool you are, how "fearfully and wonderfully made" you are.
And I think one more time He wants to tell you, you have a beautiful smile......

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! This morning while I was enjoying my cup of coffee and looking at your lovely painting and reading your blog, my heart was so blessed by your words of God's love for me....Thank you

    ReplyDelete